The complaint against Sri Lankan Presidential candidate General Sarath Fonseka’s son-in-law Danuna Tillakeratne over a weapons deal has been withdrawn by the CID, the candidate said on Wednesday.
Gen. Fonseka told at a meeting with the Tamil and Muslim business community this morning that his son-in-law didn’t go to the CID office as summoned because he was informed that the complaint had been withdrawn and there was no necessity to call over at the CID office for an inquiry.
“CID officials have found out that there is no basis for the allegations (over a weapons contract),” he said. Government politicians have claimed that Tillkeratne, who lives in the US, won some defence contracts while Gen Fonseka was the army commander.
Gen Fonseka said police and other authorities are gradually showing reluctance to carry out, what he described as, ‘illegal orders’ because there was a swing in the support for him across the country. from Times Online